Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Inspired by Nature

There are special moments of time captured sometimes with a camera, sometimes just within our memories, an image, a smell, a sound and I find that nature is the most precious and inspiring of all.

As a newcomer to the Southwest I am still in awe of these little moments in the desert, the image from my yard of the moon in an afternoon sky cropped by blooming Ocotillo where the hummingbirds eat and play and the desert blooms under the mesquite tree outside my studio door.




Perhaps its the bright orange red of the Ocotillo blooms that will show up in my artwork, perhaps the blue of the spring southwestern sky, or perhaps just the feeling of complete calmness and joy that I feel from appreciating these precious moments around me that will allow me to be connected to the muse, the higher power or the creative force when I turn on the wax and pick up a brush to begin my next artistic creation.

1 comment:

  1. This just makes me feel warm and fuzzy. Thank you for your musing~

    ReplyDelete