Friday, February 15, 2008

a series in progress


I mentioned in an earlier post that a legendary icon from my home town of Ann Arbor Michigan, Shakey Jake Woods had passed away this past November. His passing left me very contemplative about "home", "where is home" and "what journey I am on" so I decided to work on a series that included the imagery of Shakey Jake - to share the story of how he impacted my life and others in our community - how he will be missed. Here are the beginnings of two pieces I am working on in my studio. Hard to find the time lately to dedicate to making my own art. Hope to have these completed by next weekend. I work on about 3 or 4 pieces at a time and they all evolve differently and at different rates. Who will finish first I wonder.

No comments:

Post a Comment