Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Creating With Intention

I'm counting down the days and am feeling overwhelmed with everything that needs to be done for my open studio event, "Building Bridges Through Art!". Its down to the wire with advertisements done, promotional material to distribute, invites still to send, the studio still to clean, art still to hang and I wonder if its all worth it.

So with a deep breath, I remember my intention: to use my art and my studio to help in my community by raising money for art scholarships for children in Nogales, Sonora, Mexico.


Living only 20 miles north of the Mexican border, I am keenly aware of the border issues and the over-exaggerated media press that our area of the country gets in regards to this issue. So when I took a trip to IMFOCULTA, an art and cultural center in Nogales, Sonora earlier this year with a local organization, Santa Cruz Community Foundation, I knew that somehow I needed to help support these kids in continuing to be able to take art classes at the center and that I wanted to be involved in cross border peace projects.


At my core, I believe in art, that it brings beauty and joy to the world, balances out the craziness of our over-scheduled lives and that Art Saves Lives! So with my belief in art and intention to help others, I breathe and know that it is all worth it.


If you are in the area of Nogales to Tucson on Saturday, November 12th, please stop by and help support this project. Please visit my website for more information and directions. exPRESSive Arts Studio Thank you!

in·ten·tion

 :

1.
an act or instance of determining mentally upon someaction or result.
2.
the end or object intended; purpose.
3.
intentions,
a.
purpose or attitude toward the effect of one's actions o rconduct

No comments:

Post a Comment